Friday, February 29, 2008

Blog Black Out

It's been quite a while since my last posting on my beloved blog space. I was in my car the other day and started constructing "my next blog" aloud. I know I shouldn't care, but I do get faintly embarrassed when, after speaking to myself (aloud) in my car, I look to either my right or left and catch someone catching me talking to myself. I try to pretend that I've simply been singing along to the music as I start bobbing my head and feigning self-possession. Anyway, I had hit on the most brilliant of blog topics, and was composing the loveliest prose, and knew as I was doing so that I wouldn't remember what the hell I wanted to write about when I finally reunited with my keyboard. This, in fact, was the case.
So, I thought it might be fun to construct some would-be blog titles in lieu of any real material this time. A little ambiguous taste of what I've been up to lately--here goes:

1. Gift Card Nation (I was actually going to write this blog after having received roughly 50 gift cards this Christmas--but I only got as far as the title. Sorry.)

2. On Forgetting to Remember

3. To-Do-List, You Scoundrel

4. My Kingdom for a Puff Pastry: On Attempting Atkins Once More

5. Wagon Schmagon

6. On Making New Year's Resolutions

7. On Breaking New Year's Resolutions

8. The Office: A Love Story

9. What is This 'Gym' of Which You Speak?

10. Mozart, Shakespeare, and Other Miserable Failures

11. Forgive Me, I Thought It was Cash Wednesday

12. The Other Boleyn Girl: A Horror Story for the Biological Clock Watcher (I think this is actually getting pretty close to the content of the blog topic I blacked out. It's probably for the best.)

13. Timeshare Pressure Cooker: Or The Art of Getting a Free Dinner and two Mexican blankets

14. Your Pandemic Flu is Showing

No comments: